There have been countless memorable arguing scenes in movies over the years, but here are some of the most iconic:
- A Few Good Men (1992) – The courtroom scene in which Tom Cruise’s character, Lt. Daniel Kaffee, aggressively questions Jack Nicholson’s character, Col. Nathan R. Jessup, about his role in the death of a marine.
- The Godfather (1972) – Michael Corleone’s (Al Pacino) argument with his wife, Kay (Diane Keaton), about his involvement in the family business.
- Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) – The emotional and heated argument between Ted (Dustin Hoffman) and Joanna (Meryl Streep) about their son and their marriage.
- Good Will Hunting (1997) – The intense argument between Will (Matt Damon) and Sean (Robin Williams) about Will’s defense mechanisms and fear of intimacy.
- Gone with the Wind (1939) – The argument between Scarlett O’Hara (Vivien Leigh) and Rhett Butler (Clark Gable) about her love for Ashley and his love for her.
- The Social Network (2010) – The deposition scene in which Mark Zuckerberg (Jesse Eisenberg) is interrogated about the founding of Facebook.
- Rocky (1976) – The argument between Rocky (Sylvester Stallone) and Adrian (Talia Shire) about his fight with Apollo and the risks he’s taking.
- The Color Purple (1985) – The confrontation between Celie (Whoopi Goldberg) and Mister (Danny Glover) in which Celie finally stands up for herself and demands to be treated with respect.
- 12 Angry Men (1957) – The intense debate among the jurors about the guilt or innocence of the defendant in a murder case.
- American Beauty (1999) – The argument between Lester (Kevin Spacey) and his wife Carolyn (Annette Bening) about their failing marriage and their daughter’s involvement with a troubled neighbor.
These scenes have become iconic not just because of the intensity of the arguments, but because of the powerful performances by the actors and the emotional weight they carry within the context of the film.
One response to “Here are 10 films if you feel like watching people argue”
[…] of Africa” is a 1985 romantic drama film directed by Sydney Pollack and starring Meryl Streep and Robert Redford. It tells the story of Karen Blixen, a Danish baroness who moves to Kenya in the […]